HISTORICAL IMAGE
Augusta, Georgia, USA
Partridge Inn
"The Partridge Inn began as a two-story house, built in 1816. The home originally belonged to George Walton, the governor of Georgia and one of the state's three signers of the Declaration of Independence. The home was later acquired by Daniel and Elizabeth Meigs, who came to Augusta from Connecticut. The history of the current building dates back to 1836 when it was originally constructed as a private residence called Three Oaks for the Meigs family. In 1892, New York hotelier, Morris Partridge purchased Three Oaks to serve as his personal home as well as operate as a small hotel by offering guest accommodations in the old Meigs house during Augusta’s winter season.
The business venture proved successful, and he opened The Partridge Inn, a 60-room upscale hotel on January 8, 1910..."
www.historichotels.org