GreenerPasture.com

Sign In




1899 - Segelkes Pop Factory Burns

News
About 11 o’clock last night the brick building on the west side occupied by George Segelke as a pop factory, caught fire by the explosion of gas in a coal stove. Nearly all the fire plugs in the vicinity were frozen up and before the fire department could get water the building was in ruins. The loss is about $2,500. Insurance, $700 on contents in Farmers’ & Merchants’ of Lincoln sand $400 on the building in the London & Globe. Several magazines for storing carbonic acid gas exploded during the fire, the burning gas making it one of the fiercest fires ever occurring in the city. Mr. Segelke will rebuild and equip a new plant. The firemen suffered a great deal from the cold.


The Nebraska State Journal
Lincoln, Nebraska
February 14, 1899

Visit Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
Discover the people who lived there, the places they visited and the stories they shared.


Lincoln, Nebraska, USA

Lincoln, Nebraska, USA

The comments you read here belong only to the person who posted them. We reserve the right to remove off-topic and inappropriate comments.