1893 - Fire
Fire caught on W. A. Garno's boiler and engine house, probably from the furnace, about 9 p. m., Saturday, and an alarm was rung in from Box 37, to which Hose 4 responded so promptly that the damage was confined to burning off the roof of the engine house, a temporary structure, burning the main belt and a smaller belt and ruining one circular saw. Loss about $50; no insurance.
Chief Engineer Kendall has received a note from William A. Garno, extending thanks to the firemen for their service in saving his property at the fire, Saturday night, and also enclosing a check for $10, which chief Kendall turns over to the Firemen's Relief association.
The Fitchburg Sentinel
January 6, 1893
Visit Fitchburg, Massachusetts, USA
Discover the people who lived there, the places they visited and the stories they shared.