Williamstown, Nov. 5. - Damage estimated at close to $50,000 was done to Jessup hall, one of the Williams college buildings, by a fire today that is supposed to be due to defective wiring. The buildings has been in use as officers' quarters for the college S.A.T.C. unit. The third floor was gutted and the lower floors were heavily damaged by smoke and water. The student body did good service as fire fighters. The health board's quarantine on the town was hastily removed to allow the entrance of the North Adams fire department. The building was given to the college in 1890 by MORRIS K. JESUP of New York.