GreenerPasture.com

Sign In




1868 - Fire at Woonsocket.

News
A fire was discovered in the large brick storage and dry-house owned by Messrs. WARD and HARRIS, in Woonsocket, about noon to-day. The fire originated in some wool waste, and was confined to the first and second stories. A large stock of goods in cases were slightly damaged; also considerable cloth on the dryers. The third and fourth stories were injured by water. There is the following insurance on the goods; $5,000 in the Home, New-Haven, and $5,000 in the Merchants', Providence, which will probably cover the loss. There was no insurance in the building.


The New York Times
New York, New York
June 2, 1868

Visit Woonsocket, Rhode Island, USA
Discover the people who lived there, the places they visited and the stories they shared.


Woonsocket, Rhode Island, USA

Woonsocket, Rhode Island, USA

Woonsocket, Rhode Island, USA

Woonsocket, Rhode Island, USA

Woonsocket, Rhode Island, USA

Woonsocket, Rhode Island, USA

Woonsocket, Rhode Island, USA

The comments you read here belong only to the person who posted them. We reserve the right to remove off-topic and inappropriate comments.