township, in the co. of Shefford, lies between Milton and Ely and is bounded in the rear by Acton and in front by Shefford. - The southern moiety has been surveyed and granted. The land is good and if cultivated would prove fertile. The low land is rather wet, but not unfit for tillage, as it produces some of the best species of hard, black wood. Branches of the Yamaska and several other streams water this town-ship, which contains only a very few settlers. - Ungranted and unlocated, 12,000 acres.
A Topographical Dictionary of The Province of Lower Canada by Joseph Bouchette, Esq., London, 1832