ST. EPHREM D'UPTON, or UPTON, a thriving post, village in Bagot. co., Que., on the G. T. R., 48 miles E. of Montreal. It contains 7 or 8 stores, 2 saw mills, an extract of hemlock bark factory, a tannery, and telegraph office. There are valuable copper mines in the vicinity. Pop. 350; of parish 1,392.
Lovell's gazetteer of British North America; J. Lovell; Montreal, 1873