GreenerPasture.com

Sign In



1899 - BIG FIRE IN EXETER. Goodwin Block on Front Street Entirely Destroyed. The Loss to Owners and Tenants Will Reach $29,000.

News
Exeter, N. H. Jan. 1 - The Goodwin block on Front street was visited by fire early this morning. Loss $28,000 to block and tenants. The occupants of the upper floor barely escaped with their lives, being unable to save anything. The block was owned by Goodwin Bros, who lose $8,000; Dr. A. S. Wetherell $15,000; Mrs. Jennie Bennett, restaurant, $1,000; Goodwin Bros., grocers, $1,500; other tenants $1,500. All insured.


Portsmouth Herald
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
January 2, 1899

Visit Exeter, New Hampshire, USA
Discover the people who lived there, the places they visited and the stories they shared.


Exeter, New Hampshire, USA

Exeter, New Hampshire, USA

Exeter, New Hampshire, USA

The comments you read here belong only to the person who posted them. We reserve the right to remove off-topic and inappropriate comments.