Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania, USA
See More

1916



Beaverfalls, a banking post-borough of Beaver co., Pa., on the W. bank of the Beaver River and on the Pennsylvania, and the Pittsburg and Lake Erie Rs., 32 miles SW. of Pittsburg. It is connected by bridge with New Brighton. The borough is an important manufacturing centre, Md its industries comprise extensive file-, steel-, wire-, nail- and bridge-, tube-, glass- and chemical-works, saw-factories, rolling- and planing-mills, etc. It is the seat of Geneva College. Coal and natural gas abound in the vicinity. . Pop. in 1890, 9736 ; in 1900, 10,054.

Lippincott's New Gazetteer: A Complete Pronouncing Gazetteer Or Geographical Dictionary of the World, Containing the Most Recent and Authentic Information Respecting the Countries, Cities, Towns, Resorts, Islands, Rivers, Mountains, Seas, Lakes, Etc., in Every Portion of the Globe, Part 1 Angelo Heilprin Louis Heilprin - January 1, 1916 J.B. Lippincott - Publisher 


Go Back


The comments you read here belong only to the person who posted them. We reserve the right to remove off-topic and inappropriate comments.