GreenerPasture.com
FREE genealogy since 1999 - History belongs to all of us!
Get Started Sign In
Menu Menu
Search Search
Family Tree Family Tree
Daily News Daily News
Bookmarks Bookmarks
Not on this site Don't end up on this site as someone's ancestor!
Visit our Barre, Vermont, USA page!
Discover the people who lived there, the places they visited and the stories they shared.

1900 - BARRE BARBER SHOP BLOWS UP. Explosion of a Hot Water Heater Wrecks a Building and Knocks Man Senseless.



(Special to the Messenger.)
BARRE, Feb. 26. - A hot water heater exploded this morning in the barber shop of William Miers on Main street, blowing out the front of the shop and sending several pieces of the heater through the walls into the adjoining stores.

Fred Beckman, one of the three barbers in the shop at the time, was knocked senseless and at noon had not recovered consciousness. He was hurt about the head but it is not yet known how seriously.
 

St. Albans Daily Messenger

St. Albans, Vermont



Go Back


The comments you read here belong only to the person who posted them. We reserve the right to remove off-topic and inappropriate comments.