Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
See More

1911 - SEIDEL BURNED BY HEATER. Flames Scorch His Face on Lighting One in Bathroom.


1911 - SEIDEL BURNED BY HEATER. Flames Scorch His Face on Lighting One in Bathroom.

MILWAUKEE, Wis., July 4. - Mayor Emil Seidel was burned about the head and face today when a puff of flame burst from a gas heater which he lighted in his bathroom.

Mr. Seidel had just returned from the East, where he had made several speeches. He had intended visiting the several parks throughout the city to see how the sane celebration of the Fourth was being carried out, but prior to his outing prepared for a bath.

In lighting the heater the flames burst forth in his face, singeing his eyelashes and slightly burning his face and one of his eyes. It was at first thought that the burns would prove serious, but after examination by a physician they were found not to be serious.

The Mayor expects to be back at his office within a day or two.

 

The New York Times

New York, New York



Go Back


The comments you read here belong only to the person who posted them. We reserve the right to remove off-topic and inappropriate comments.