Litchfield, Connecticut, USA
See More

1910 - FIRE IN FAMOUS HOTEL. House In Which Lafayette Was Entertained Damaged $10,000.


1910 - FIRE IN FAMOUS HOTEL. House In Which Lafayette Was Entertained Damaged $10,000.

Special to The New York Times.

WINSTED, Conn., Dec. 23. - The old United States Hotel in Litchfield, built about 130 years ago and the scene of a ball in honor of Marquis Lafayette when he visited this country in 1824, was damaged to the extent of $10,000 by fire and water to-day.

The second and third stories of the hotel were destroyed. The blaze started in the attic from the chimney or from electric wires.

 

The New York Times

New York, New York



Go Back


The comments you read here belong only to the person who posted them. We reserve the right to remove off-topic and inappropriate comments.