Beverly, Massachusetts, USA
See More

1926 - Dies of Suffocation

Beverly, Mass., April 30 - (AP) - George H. Stamper, 60, died of suffocation in a fire which destroyed the building of the Jubilee Yacht Club here this morning.

The clubhouse was one of the landmarks of this city's waterfront. Stamper, who occupied a room in the building, and retired when the fire was discovered. He was awakened by members and dressed but apparently became confused by the smoke when he attempted to return for a coat. Damage to the building was estimated at $20,000.

North Adams Transcript

North Adams, Massachusetts

Go Back

The comments you read here belong only to the person who posted them. We reserve the right to remove off-topic and inappropriate comments.